Art by Jennifer Harnett


THE ARTISTIC TRAVELS OF AN AUSTRALIAN PAINTER

Jennifer Harnett's Australian Art Tour has come to an end... so has her stay in Lismore, Northern NSW.

"I have found some truly beautiful and awe inspiring places this trip, am very thankful for all the wonderful experiences I've had and look forward to the adventure continuing!"



The Good Red Road


“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
 I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” 
– Robert Louis Stevenson

 My Australian Art Tour through the Outback is going well, have stopped in on John Murray's Gallery in Lightning Ridge, as well as all their other community galleries in the area. 



 I took an alternate route out of Collarenebri to Lightning Ridge on some truly outback roads... it literally felt as though I had passed into another land, one that has only existed for me in novels of 'Outback Australia', long stretches of dry red dirt roads driving into the blazing sunset,  with the occasional  passing truck leaving epic dust trails that rise up in the air & hang forever.

 Did you know that the dust on outback roads rides the air like fog? making
 visibility near impossible!?


Have fallen in love with Lightning Ridge's Therapeutic Bore Baths...

 their eccentric 'camp' style housing, it's friendly people...

...and the LIGHT in the area.

Have also stopped in on Jenny Greentree at her gallery Back O'Bourke... spent a couple of days in Gundabooka National Park, driven along the Darling River Run and am now in Wilcannia visiting Dierdre, a friend's mother who is a local art teacher at an Aboriginal school, I hope to be able to sit in on a class today!

More pics on FB :: Lightning Ridge! This is Stone Country, Darling River Run