Art by Jennifer Harnett


THE ARTISTIC TRAVELS OF AN AUSTRALIAN PAINTER

Jennifer Harnett's Australian Art Tour has come to an end... so has her stay in Lismore, Northern NSW.

"I have found some truly beautiful and awe inspiring places this trip, am very thankful for all the wonderful experiences I've had and look forward to the adventure continuing!"



Paintings Delivered!


"Her mind traveled crooked streets and aimless goat paths, 
arriving sometimes at profundity, 
other times at the revelations of a three-year-old."
- Toni Morrison

My how the days fly by!
I have since made my way from Wilcannia to Adelaide, via Menindee Lakes, Kinchega NP, Broken Hill, Silverton, across the South Astralian border and down into the Clare Valley wine country... 


Historic Woolshed, Kinchega NP 

Broken Hill is Australia's leading silver mining town, 
little did I know it is also an Art Mecca for the Outback! 

Home to artist, Pro Hart an "Outback Legend" I'd only recently heard of... I really liked the idea of his brilliantly coloured canon paintings. Described as Abstract Action Painting, he created a number of custom canons to shoot either balloons or Christmas balls filled with paint at the canvas… sometimes even useing a sling shot. Epic fun!

The trick of course being, colour composition & knowing when to stop before muddying the painting. Pro Hart has used great colours, had a remarkable compositional eye, and amazing layering & scraping back techniques.

Although Pro Hart may be the stuff of legend;

Deirdre Edwards is by far my favorite Broken Hill artist. I spent a couple of hours chatting with her in her gallery about her 'rust bath' and the sculture she was preparing for the Desert Equinox Solar Art Exhibition.

As Albert Woodroffe has got to be my favorite gallery owner, at the Horizon Gallery in the historic little town of Silverton, just 25km NW of Broken Hill. Where I've been offered work & a place to stay!

Silverton is also home of the Mad Max 2 Museum!

Crossing the South Australia Border 

Welcome to Clare
 Time for wine tasting!

...until FINALLY after 2weeks of touring & lolly-gagging about the Outback I've made my way down into ADELAIDE! and have delivered Gareth's paintings to their new owners. 

A crooked, aimless path if ever there was one... but one that found the greatness of Australian history, a variety of architecture, amazing artists, unique eccentricities, incomparable scenery and delicious wines :D